Other Housing Issues

Many local laws and courts have been affected by COVID-19. Please use the search for legal help tool to find a legal aid organization or self help center near you for accurate information and more support.

Most Frequently Viewed Resources

If you cannot afford the filing fee or other court costs, you may qualify to have these fees and costs waived by the court.

Read about where to file your lawsuit or case. Information on jurisdiction and venue.

This section will give you general guidelines for how to best prepare yourself for court.

What to do if a mechanics lien has been recorded on your property.

What should my first steps be? What does the Additional Living Expense (ALE) part of my policy cover? Will my insurer cover the cost if I live in a trailer during reconstruction? Who is responsible for clearing the debris from my lot and is that covered under my policy? How can I get a fair claim settlement? What are my legal rights in California? The insurance company will only pay according to its "pricing guidelines"?

This resources includes information for COVID-19 rent relief, financial aid, homeless services, eviction assistance, and food assistance in Yuba County.

A list of affordable housing facilities and housing service programs for Santa Clara county.

Whatever the reason, you have the right to represent yourself, to be your own lawyer in all cases in California.

The Constitution; Executive and Administrative Laws; County, Appellate, Supreme Court, and Federal Districts; State Legislation; and Legal Guides.

Will they "take" homes from Medi-Cal clients after they die?

This resource provides information on housing, utility, food bank, and rental assistance in Tehama County.

The Project Based Voucher (PBV) program is a rental assistance program where the assistance is attached to the unit, rather than to the family occupying the unit. The Housing Authority may elect to project base units as a percentage, up to HUD limits, of the Housing Choice Voucher program.

The Housing Authority of the County of Santa Cruz owns and manages 70 two and three bedroom units of U.S. Department of Agriculture-Rural Housing Service (USDA-RHS) in Santa Cruz County at two different sites in and near Watsonville. This program is designed to provide affordable housing to households where at least one household member earns a substantial portion of their income as farm laborers and is either a United States citizen or legal resident.

We may be able to help! Contact a local LSNC office so we can talk to you and see what can be done to help you.