Ventura County Small Claims Advisor

How to Receive Services (Intake)
Call (805) 654 - 5054 for more information.

800 South Victoria Avenue
Ventura, CA 93009
United States

(805) 654 - 5054
Areas Served
Ventura County
Who We Are

The forms to file a small claims case can be located on the court website under Online Forms by selecting the Judicial Council hyperlink. If you do not have access to a computer, you may either come directly to the clerk’s office to fill out the appropriate paperwork or have the paperwork mailed to you by sending in your request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Small Claims forms cannot be filed by fax.


Court clerks cannot provide legal advice. If you would like legal advice you can either contact the Ventura County District Attorney's Small Claims Advisor located in the Courthouse in Ventura by calling (805) 654-5054. You must be at least 18 years old to file a claim. If you are not yet 18, you may ask the court to appoint a guardian ad litem. This is a person who will act for you in the case. The guardian ad litem is usually a parent, a relative or an adult friend.You may also contact the the Ventura County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information Service at (805) 650-7599.

Small claims mediation is also available. Mediation may be useful when parties have a relationship they want to preserve. So when family members, neighbors, or business partners have a dispute, mediation may be the most effective process to use. Mediations are low cost, and when necessary fees will be waived completely. You can mediate your case before or after a small claims case has been filed. If you mediate before filing a case and an agreement is reached at the mediation, there will be no need to file a small claims case. If a case has already been filed, the agreement reached at the mediation can be entered into the court record without having to appear in court. You may also have an opportunity to mediate your case on the day of the hearing at the courthouse.

Information Reviewed On
Legal Issues
Was this page helpful?