Santa Clara County Self-Help Center / Family Law Facilitator


201 N. First Street
San Jose, CA 95113
United States

Areas Served
Santa Clara County
Who We Are


The Santa Clara County Superior Court Self-Help Center / Family Law Facilitator (SHC/FLF) can refer you to the resources you need for your Court case. The SHC/FLF can give you information, provide legal forms (including form samples and instructions), refer you to other court resources or a private agency, or recommend you talk to a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, the SHC/FLF can tell you about free and low-cost legal resources.
Family Law help includes: information on how to get, change or enforce/collect child or spousal support, how to get, change or enforce custody or visitation orders, and establish parentage when the parents are not married. The SHC/FLF can help parents make up and write agreements about support, custody and/or visitation, and calculations for California State "guideline" child support. 
There is a lawyer at the office. The lawyer is there to help you learn about your legal rights and responsibilities. They cannot give legal advice or tell you the best way to deal with your case. They can only give you information and options about a limited number of issues. They will either help you at the SHC/FLF office, refer you to other organizations that can help you, or refer you to a private attorney.
Staff or interns can review forms you fill out following the samples that the SHC/FLF provides.
Check schedule online at
Please do not bring your children to the SHC. Either ask a responsible adult to watch them for you or contact the Children's Waiting Room, which is next door to the Notre Dame SHC. They help people FREE on a first-come, first-served basis. For questions, call them at: (408) 882 - 2960.
If you already have a court case, bring copies of all papers in your court file.
If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit, bring all the information and documents you have related to your case.
If you are being sued, bring copies of all documents you were served or got from court.
Bring proof of your income for the last two months, such as:
Pay stubs, disability or unemployment statements, or any other proof of income
If you are self-employed, your most recent tax returns and year-to-date profit and loss statement.
Community Groups
Medicaid Eligible
Mentally Ill
Over 60
Person living with HIV/AIDS
Person with Disabilities
Related to person living with HIV/AIDS
Survivor of Domestic Violence
U.S. Citizen or Documented Immigrant
Under 18
Information Reviewed On
Spoken Languages
Was this page helpful?