San Francisco County ACCESS Center

How to Receive Services (Intake)
To get legal help or services regarding child support please call (415) 551-5880. For legal help regarding family law, restraining orders, small claims, name or gender change, please call (415) 551-0605. For online inquires please fill out the intake form at


400 McAllister St
Room 509
San Francisco, CA 94102
United States

(415) 551 - 5880
Areas Served
San Francisco County
Who We Are
Assisting Court Customers with Education and Self-help Services.
Self-help services for family law matters, small claims, and certain civil cases are available for self-represented Court customers who seek legal information and resources.
The ACCESS Center staff CAN:
Give you information in many languages and explain your legal options.
Give you tools to represent yourself in Court.
Show you how to fill out the legal forms, follow court procedures, find resources or a lawyer.
The ACCESS Center staff CANNOT:
Help with criminal cases, immigration, bankruptcy, civil appeals, discovery, and certain civil cases.
Act as your lawyer (there is no attorney-client relationship).
Go with you to Court, or speak to a Judge for you.
If you have an attorney, the ACCESS Center cannot help you.
You do not have to pay anything to use the ACCESS Center. But you may need to pay for copies and Court filing fees. If you are low-income, you may be able to file for free.
The Staff at the ACCESS Center is available to help all parties to the case, which means that staff may also help the other party in your case. The Staff of the Center can help you in preparing your own forms and can give you general information. The Staff of the Center cannot go with you to court. 
The member s of the staff of the ACCESS Center ARE NOT YOUR LAWYERS, but are neutral persons who do not represent any party. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Staff of the Center. 
Communications between you and the Staff of the ACCESS Center are not confidential. You should consult with your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, to have a confidential conversation, or to be represented by an attorney in court. The Staff of the Self-Help Center is not responsible for the outcome of your case. 
You should consult with an attorney before attempting to represent yourself with the assistance of the ACCESS Center. Some rights cannot be adequately protected without the assistance of an attorney. To find our how to hire an attorney, and/or obtain a low fee consultation with an attorney, call the San Francisco Bar Associations' Lawyer Referral Service at (415) 989-1616.
Community Groups
Medicaid Eligible
Mentally Ill
Over 60
Person living with HIV/AIDS
Person with Disabilities
Related to person living with HIV/AIDS
Survivor of Domestic Violence
U.S. Citizen or Documented Immigrant
Under 18
Information Reviewed On
Spoken Languages
Was this page helpful?