For Domestic Violence call (760) 941-5685
For Family Law call (619) 844-2200
For Small Claims call (619) 238-2400
For Unlawful Detainer call (877) 534-2524
250 E. Main St.
Next to Dept. 1
El Cajon, CA 92020
The Self Help Center provides one-on-one assistance explaining procedures and help prepare forms. One on one assistance and workshops – information and forms preparation on divorce (workshop only), parentage, child and spousal support, child custody and visitation, and domestic violence where assistance through a domestic violence clinic is not available.
- The information on the Self Help Center website, or provided to you in person by a Self-Help Center lawyer or staff person, is not legal advice.
- The Self-Help Center lawyer is not your lawyer. He or she is a lawyer who can help people who do not have their own lawyer.
- You do not have an attorney-client privilege with the Self-Help Center staff or lawyer. What you say to the staff or lawyer is not confidential.
- Parties on both sides of a case can get help from the Self-Help Center, and parties on both sides of a case may be helped by the same attorney or staff person at the Self-Help Center.
- Self-Help Center services are free. Anyone who does not have their own lawyer can get help from the Self-Help Center. It does not matter how much money you make.