San Diego Central Courthouse Family Law Facilitator

How to Receive Services (Intake)
This location offers in person assistance on a first come, first serve-basis.

1100 Union Street
Fourth Floor, Room 408
San Diego, CA 92101
United States

(619) 450 - 5200
Areas Served
San Diego County
Who We Are
The staff of the Family Law Facilitator's Office (FLF) is available, at no cost, to help unrepresented parents and parties who have questions about family law issues. They can help prepare court forms and provide general legal information. The FLF is staffed by court attorneys, paralegals, and clerks with experience in family law. The FLF does not assist parents or parties who have an attorney of record on file. The attorneys at the FLF are not your lawyers, but are neutral court employees who do not represent any parent or party and may provide information and services to all parties in the case.
Help is provided through group workshops and walk in assistance. Assistance is provided on a first come, first served basis. Sessions for walk in assistance fill up quickly so arrive early and be prepared to wait.
Assistance with forms to start an action for divorce, legal separation, or nullity is provided through a workshop, appointment only, and not through walk in assistance. During the FLF divorce workshop you will receive help in a classroom setting filling out the required court forms. Also included in the workshop is a review of the completed paperwork before it is filed to ensure completeness and accuracy. A thorough review of the Petition is especially important because if the Petition is not filled out correctly it can cause substantial delays (like having to amend and re-serve the other party) as well as other problems getting the case to judgment.
Assistance with all issues in DCSS cases; divorce, paternity, domestic violence restraining orders, child custody, visitation, spousal support, and child support in cases assigned to Dept. 45.
Information Reviewed On
Organization Type
Court Programs
Was this page helpful?