Contra Costa County Family Law Facilitator

How to Receive Services (Intake)
Domestic Violence and Emergency Orders (Ex Parte) in Family Law Case: Parties can receive assistance on matters related to Domestic Violence Restraining Orders at the Spinetta Family Law Center in Martinez and the Richmond Courthouse Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 AM - 12 PM and 12:30 - 3:00 PM.

The Court also partners with other government and non-profit agencies to provide workshop assistance to self-represented parties in the following case types: domestic violence and conservatorships.

Holiday Weeks: The Family Law Facilitator’s Office will use a modified schedule during the following five weeks per year:

(1) The week including the 4th of July; (2) The first full week of August; (3) Thanksgiving Week; (4) The week including Christmas; and (5) the week including New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day. A copy of the modified schedule can be found on the website.

751 Pine Street
Self-Help Desk
Martinez, CA 94553
United States

(925) 608-1000
Areas Served
Contra Costa County
Who We Are
The Family Law Facilitator's offices offer assistance with the completion of legal forms and provides procedural guidance in most areas of Family Law, including: child support, spousal support, child custody, visitation, dissolution, legal separation, nullity, establishment of paternity, ex parte (emergency) and domestic violence restraining orders.
No income eligibility requirements.
At this time, no assistance is available for civil harassment restraining orders, contempt proceedings, qualified domestic relations orders for other than child support, adoptions, minor emancipations, or Code of Civil Procedure 170.6.
The Family Law Facilitators can:
- Help file papers to modify child support, set payment on arrears and release your license if you have a case with the department of child support services 
- Provide referrals to lawyer referral services, legal aid and the department of child support services 
- Help file papers to get child care costs, health insurance and uninsured medical costs in your department of child support services case 
- Refer you to a workshop for assistance in child custody and visitation matters 
- Refer you to a workshop where you can get help with finishing your divorce or legal separation case 
- Refer you to a workshop where you can get help with your paternity case 
- Refer you to a workshop if you need help filing papers for spousal support 
The Family Law Facilitators cannot:
- Help with adoptions, guardianships, termination of parental rights, grandparent or stepparent visitation or juvenile court cases
- Help you prepare for settlement conference, case management conference or trial
- Help with name change, civil or criminal cases (including bankruptcy and foreclosure issues)
- Provide tax advice
- Help with discovery, subpoenas, depositions, writs of execution, levies, liens or contempt
- Help you file an appeal, motion for reconsideration, motion for new trial, motion to vacate judgment
- Help with pension, complex property or complex support issues
Please note:
Arrive as early as possible and be prepared to wait. Appointments are limited, so you may not be seen if you do not arrive early. The Family Law Facilitator (FLF) is not your lawyer and cannot represent you personally or provide legal advice on how to win your case
You cannot use this service if you are currently represented by an attorney in your family law case. This is not a confidential service and the FLF may work with both sides in a case
Daycare is only available in the Pittsburg location and is on a first-come, first-served basis. 
This organization is accessible by wheelchair and powerchair
This organization provides access aids for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
Community Groups
Medicaid Eligible
Mentally Ill
Over 60
Person living with HIV/AIDS
Person with Disabilities
Related to person living with HIV/AIDS
Survivor of Domestic Violence
U.S. Citizen or Documented Immigrant
Under 18
Information Reviewed On
Organization Type
Court Programs
Was this page helpful?