Drop in Assistance
New online workshops and appointments will now be offered remotely; limited in person assistance is available by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment via phone (213)-830-0845 during office hours Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (except court holidays) or scheduale a appointment remotely through their website.
How to Receive Services (Intake)
"Assistance may be in the form of in person appointments on-site, workshops, referrals and/or telephonic assistance. To allow safe social distancing, an appointment is required to visit a Self-Help Center. You may use this website or call (213)-830-0845 to schedule an on-site appointment."
42011 4th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93534
Los Angeles County
Who We Are
All courts in California have a self-help center that can provide free legal help to people who do not have a lawyer.
The self-help center lawyer is not your lawyer. He or she works for the court and is a lawyer who can help people who do not have their own lawyer. You do not have attorney-client privilege with self-help center staff. What you say to the staff or lawyer is NOT confidential. Both sides can get help from the self-help center.
Self-help center services are free. Anyone who does not have their own lawyer can get help from the self-help center. It does not matter how much money you make.
Conservatorship clinic one Friday per month at Lancaster Regional Library, 601 West Lancaster Blvd.
The office of the Family Law Facilitator assists self-represented parties with child support, spousal support and health insurance issues. The staff provides legal information and education to help parties complete their paperwork and represent themselves in their cases. The staff does not give legal advice nor does it represent a party in a case or at a hearing. There is no confidentiality or attorney-client relationship created between the office and a party.
The Office of the Family Law Facilitator provides the following assistance. Provides information and assistance completing paperwork to parties representing themselves to:
- Establish, modify or terminate a child support order
- Establish, modify or terminate spousal support
- Establish, modify or terminate health insurance order
- Determine arrears
- Family Law: Divorce, Paternity
- Domestic Violence
- Housing Law: Tenant/Landlord
- Civil Rights: Harrasment, Name Change
- Establish repayment plans
- Seek reimbursement for overpayments
- Quash or modify wage assignment orders
- Provides information and prepares draft calculations of support amounts based on statutory guidelines
- Provides referrals to the Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department, Family Court Services and other community agencies
- Educates and assists parties to prepare stipulations for parties who agree to child support, spousal support or health insurance
- Educates and assists parties to prepare answers to Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department complaints
- Educates and assists parties to prepare motions to set aside in cases involving the Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department
- Educates and assists parties to prepare Orders After Hearing and Wage Assignment Orders in which child support, spousal support or health insurance are at issue in family law cases
- Mediates child support, spousal support and health insurance issues between the parties
This organization is accessible by wheelchair and powerchair
This organization provides access aids for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
Person living with HIV/AIDS
Person with Disabilities
Related to person living with HIV/AIDS
Survivor of Domestic Violence
U.S. Citizen or Documented Immigrant
Information Reviewed On