Colusa County Family Law Facilitator


547 Market Street
Courthouse Annex
Colusa, CA 95932
United States

(530) 458 - 0602
Areas Served
Colusa County
Who We Are

The Family Law Facilitator is an attorney who can help you to represent yourself in child support and family law matters. The Facilitator provides assistance to self-represented litigants (parties to a lawsuit who do not have an attorney) in handling their child and spousal support cases. You can get help with an existing case or in starting a case. The Facilitator can help you select the proper legal forms and provide instructions for completing, serving and filing documents with the clerk's office. If you need to go to court to present your case to a judge or commissioner, you will present your case alone. The Family Law Facilitator is not your attorney. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Family Law Facilitator. The facilitator can equally help you and the other party (for example, your former spouse, the parent of your child, etc.). Anyone is welcome to ask for help from the facilitator. The Facilitator provides information and explains options without giving legal advice. If you want help with case strategy, you should consult with your own attorney for legal advice. When you speak with the Family Law Facilitator, your conversation is not private or confidential.

Community Groups
Medicaid Eligible
Mentally Ill
Over 60
Person living with HIV/AIDS
Person with Disabilities
Related to person living with HIV/AIDS
Survivor of Domestic Violence
U.S. Citizen or Documented Immigrant
Under 18
Description of Service Types
The Family Law Facilitator CAN:\n\nHelp you select the proper legal forms.\nHelp you with the paperwork to establish, modify or terminate child and/or spousal support orders.\nExplain the process of establishing paternity, and provide you with the necessary paperwork to establish paternity.\nHelp you with Motions and/or Orders to Show Cause and responses to establish, modify or terminate a child support, spousal support or health insurance order; determine arrears; release licenses; establish repayment plans; seek reimbursement for overpayments; and, quash or modify wage assignment orders.\nHelp you prepare Orders After Hearing for child support, spousal support, establishment of paternity or disestablishment of paternity.\nProvide information and prepare draft calculations of support amounts based on statutory guidelines.\nProvide referrals to DCSS (Department of Child Support Services), Family Court Services and other community agencies.\nHelp you with answers to DCSS complaints.\nAssist in motions to set aside previous rulings in appropriate cases.\nAssist in preparing and filing Proofs of Service.\nAssist you with wage assignments.\nFee waiver applications\n\n\nThe Family Law Facilitator CANNOT:\n\nAct as your attorney, but solely as a neutral person who does not represent any parent or party. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege between you and any office staff. Because we do not represent individuals, the Family Law Facilitator�s Office may assist both parties in a case. Communications between you and the Family Law Facilitator�s Office are not confidential.\nAttend any court hearing with you. If you need to go to court to present your case, you will present your case alone.\nMay not be able to provide assistance with complex cases. You are advised to seek the services of a private attorney in such situations. The Family Law Facilitator�s Office may not assist parties who are represented by an attorney.\nAssist with Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Grandparent petitions for visitation, Legal research or points and authorities, or with Appeals or writs.\nBe responsible for the outcome of your case.
Organization Type
Court Programs
Get out of here
Was this page helpful?