California’s New Simplified Adoption Process: What You Need To Know

All non-biological parents still need an adoption (or parentage judgment from acourt), even if you are married and even if you are listed as a parent on the birthcertificate. New simplified adoption process to protect parentage. How it works. What forms do we need to fill out? Do we need an attorney? What if we don"t qualify for this simplified process?
Authored by
National Center for Lesbian Rights
Energy Level
Was this page helpful?